Mom and Stace

Mom and Stace
The greatest wife, mother, sister, daughter, and friend alive!

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The new normal

Hey!  I called Dad after I got off work today and asked him how today had been going.  His response was, "The new normal."  I guess that's how we have to look at things now.  What used to be normal, isn't anymore.  Now normal seems to be nauseated and tired with a side of I-don't-feel-good.  Today Dad took Mom back to her GI doctor and they gave her some IV fluids because she was dehydrated, and ordered a slower drip on her "food."  Hopefully both will help, because Mom really doesn't feel good. 

Thank you for your continued words of encouragement.  They make me feel better and we're passing them on to Mom.  You are the greatest friends!

5 comments:

  1. We really love you guys. I talked to my momma today and she said she had been sitting with your mom today for a while. I have really been thinking about you all. And just want you to know how MUCH we love and support you guys. In all times, you are an inspiration and treasured family friend. WE LOVE YOU BREW FAMILY!!!!:)
    <3 rebecca willis. and the fam..

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad she got the IV. Dehydration can make you feel awful. Hope today is a better day!! Love to all of you!!
    Nancy Pyne

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is no easy way to circumvent the challenges of life, no formula to bring us immediately relief. But you are in our prayers that you will soon be getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems that there should be more that they could do about her food/eating problem! Is she losing weight like crazy? We are worried about her and are so grateful that you are keeping up this blog. Love to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hoping the new normal becomes a distant memory very soon. I think your sacrifices for are so sweet. The fast food and the soda are big, but the books....oh my. It would make me feel happy to know my family was willingly giving up something they loved to help them feel more empathy for my situation. The Brews are the best! Air hugs and kisses to your mom (when I'm nauseated, I don't want to be touched). Love you all!
    Patti Maxwell

    ReplyDelete