Mom and Stace

Mom and Stace
The greatest wife, mother, sister, daughter, and friend alive!

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

No new is good news...I guess

I guess right now I'm going with no news is good news because not much is changing.  The unfortunate thing about that is that mom just doesn't feel good.  She's nauseous all day long and doesn't feel like getting out of bed much.  Dad has helped her walk around the driveway once yesterday and once again today, but that's the most exercise that she's been getting, then it's straight back to bed.  Some of our family from Greenville came up today and she didn't even feel up to getting out of bed when they came.  Dad got ahold of one of the nurses at UNC and they told him to take Mom to the ER to get a full work up and try to see why she's got so much nausea going on, but she's just not up to sitting in the ER waiting room long enough to get back and get the work up.  They're trying to come up to an alternative that could work, so I'll let you know...

I've been meaning to let you all know where we are with our year-long sacrifices.  As I reported before, Staci is giving up fast food, and Chick-Fil-A has been working its hardest to tempt her.  Dad and I have decided on what we're giving for a year.  Dad is giving up soft drinks, and man oh man does he love some caffeine-free Pepsi, and I'm giving up buying books for a year.  I know books aren't a dietary thing, but I love books and I love going to Barnes & Noble and browsing books and picking out just the right one to occupy my time for a few days (if it lasts me that long).  I don't know about Dad, but this has already been a challenge for me.

I wanted to thank those of you who added some quotes.  I didn't get quite as many as I had hoped, but I really liked Patti Maxwell's idea of reminding Mom of how many people love her, so I wrote on lots and lots of cups, "You are love by ______."  I can't remember how many I counted, but there were plenty to keep her going for a while.



Since we didn't get very many quotes, and most of them can be kind of lengthy anyway, we were thinking that if any of you would like to write a message to Mom, you can continue to comment on the blog and we'll print it out on labels and put the labels on the cups.  We'll see how that goes...

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lindsey and all of the Brews - especially Pam!!
    I check this blog every day. I look at every picture and smile. Pam, I love you!!! Lindsey, I thought I'd send some "cup thoughts" to you through your email address, just because it's a little intimidating to have everyone who checks this blog - and I know that's a LOT of people - reading them.
    Thinking and praying for you constantly,
    Love,
    Julie (How-How)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beside my desk at work I have a frame and in it is the favorite saying of a friend of mine who is an MS Advocate and inspirational speaker. "You can't be pitiful and powerful at the same time"

    Hope Reggie passed on my hug for Pam last week!!

    Thinking of "The Brew Crew" often and with love.

    Anne (Tyndall)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The "Brew Crew" is in the "Kokanuts" thoughts and prayers constantly! (Donna and John Kokinda)

    ReplyDelete