Mom and Stace

Mom and Stace
The greatest wife, mother, sister, daughter, and friend alive!

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Hello again! Well, Mom slept all day, which is a good thing. She woke up for seconds at a time when the medical staff came in to check on her and make adjustments or sometimes when we tried to talk to her. She was pretty quick to fall right back asleep, but a few times she tried to point out letters on an alphabet chart we made so she could communicate with us, but usually she was too weak and really, too sleepy to do much.

The plan for tomorrow is to taper off the sedatives so she can become more alert. They'll leave the breathing tube in but turn it down to see how she'll do on her own, then if all goes well, they'll remove it. From what I understand, she still won't be up to talking much, but she will be able to whisper. I think it will make all of us feel better to be able to know what she's trying to tell us and know better how we can help her. It's going to be a difficult day since we'll have explain all that was done during surgery. I for one can't imagine waking up and being told I no longer have a stomach. So please, please keep those prayers coming. I'm planning on working at least a half a day tomorrow, but I'll try to update here again as soon as I get a chance. Thank you for all of the amazing messages we've already received. It's kind of blown my mind how many of you have already commented or become followers to the blog and I can tell you my whole family was very touched by your kindness and love. We love you too.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so grateful for your updates. I'm just sick that I am so far away and can't do much to help other than fast and pray. Please give each other hugs from us because we would hug you all if we were there. Keep your chins up and give everyone those big Brew smiles!
    Love you more than you know
    Jana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brew Family.
    I am so sorry for this trial your family is facing. You have always been such a beautiful and strong example of faith and hope to me and you continue to be now. Please let your mom and family know how special she is, to me and my family.
    ALL my love, thoughts and prayers.
    Rebecca Willis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Brews
    You are in our prayers! Thank you for starting this blog so we can all stay updated. Even though you might not know it but you have always been great examples to me.
    Tom and Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brew Family,
    I am very sorry to hear all that is happening to Pam!! Thanks so much for keeping us updated! We will continue to pray for the family, especially Pam! She and Reggie are such wonderful examples to me and my family! Love to you all, Chandra Wells

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom wanted me to post on her behalf, "I love Pam so much and am heartbroken that your family is having to endure this trial. I want you all to know that I am only a phone call away, I am so thankful to have moved to Leland and live so close to one of my all-time favorite people, Pam. I am here for whatever you need. Please call her when you need anything, 617-0504. I love you all and please know you are in my prayers and thoughts always!" Sylvia Willis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brew family - you are all in our thoughts and prayers...

    ReplyDelete