Mom and Stace

Mom and Stace
The greatest wife, mother, sister, daughter, and friend alive!

Saturday, October 16, 2010

LA, we love it!

Gotta love being in good ole Leland Area.  I've lived in Raleigh for a few years now and I definitely refer to my apartment there as home, but really there's home, and then there's home.  Leland is home.  I guess it's because there are so many people I love here.  Not that I don't love my Raleigh people, 'cause you know I do, but there's just something about coming back to where you've grown up and seeing the people who've watched you grow up.  I always enjoy coming home, but this weekend I'm extra glad to be here with my family.  I'm so relieved to have Mom back home and out of the hospital.  She's looking so good - she's able to move around without any help from us for the most part, she's sitting outside some and enjoying the fresh air, she sits in the living room and hangs out with us, and I've got to tell you...her new haircut is beautiful.  It was hard for her to sit up in a hard kitchen chair long enough to get her hair done, so they did half, she took a break, then they did the other half.  By the time they were done, she wasn't feeling very well and had to lay down, but at least she was able to get it done.  Meredith is always so awesome about coming to do our hair and we really appreciate her efforts and her patience since it took a little longer than usual.  Mom is also finding that the feeding treatments aren't agreeing with her system very well right now.  As I said in my last post, they were taking about twelve hours per session and it was driving her nuts.  So they were told by her doctor that she could do them more like meals, breaking it up to a can and a third three times a day (she has to have four cans a day.  Listen to this...there are 24 cans in a case, so that will last her six days.  One case is $125.  Can you believe that?!).  It seems like every time she gets a feeding she starts feeling bad (I want to say it upsets her stomach, but if you don't have a stomach, I guess it can't be upset) and has to go lay down for a while.  She said she doesn't feel like she's able to get enough rest anyway, so it feels good to be able to go and lay down despite the nausea and cramping.  Most of all right now, she's enjoying being with family and friends.  Even though she's only up to short visits, she has really enjoyed the visitors who have come by.  One thing is for sure...there's no place like home.

P.S.  I know I promised a picture of Mom's new haircut, but I haven't been able to get one yet.  I'll make sure to get one tomorrow.  Sorry!

2 comments:

  1. You are all in our prayers. We couldn't believe our ears when Cheri told us why she was watching Olivia. We're glad Pam is home and will hopefully soon be feeling better as she gets used to her new normal. So sorry for this new bump in the road. Prayer and time, Prayer and time.

    Marta and David Anderson

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad Sis Brew is home and we are praying that things continue to go up. If there is anything I can do please let me know.
    Wendy & Michael Carter

    ReplyDelete