Mom and Stace

Mom and Stace
The greatest wife, mother, sister, daughter, and friend alive!

Thursday, October 21, 2010

A few days late...

I know I haven't posted in a few days, but not much has changed for Mom in that time, and honestly, I've been a little on the busy side.  Mom's appointment at UNC went pretty well on Tuesday.  The staples were removed from her abdomen and the doctor gave her permission to take a few sips of drink every now and then, just for the sake of comfort.  Her throat has been very dry without any fluid passing through it and it's caused her to cough quite a bit.  Hopefully, even though it's not much, those few sips will help with that, and once she heals up more, she might be able to drink more.  It's going to go right into her ostomy bag, but at least her mouth and throat won't be so dry.  She was pretty worn out after the trip to UNC, so they stopped back by our apartment and rested for a while, then made their way back home.  Mom hasn't felt well the last few days, but she continues to have a great attitude.  I'm sorry I don't have much more to report, I'll try to be more consistent with my updates!  :)

3 comments:

  1. You all are still in our prayers. We appreciate the updates.
    Wendy Carter

    ReplyDelete
  2. No matter what happens in Pam's life she always inspires me!! Love you Pam! And all of the Brew family!

    Julie Howington

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lindsey!! I check every day for an update. We love our Brews!!!

    Nancy Pyne

    ReplyDelete