Mom and Stace

Mom and Stace
The greatest wife, mother, sister, daughter, and friend alive!

Saturday, October 9, 2010

I think we had a pretty good day today.  As I said earlier today, Mom got in the recliner at about 5:30 this morning, she did a lap around the cardiothoracic ICU around 10:00 or 10:30, then got right back in the chair.  She was able to have some more visitors again today - Julie Howington came back by this morning and stayed about an hour and Mom once again turned on the smiles for her.  Around 12:00 Christa came by to bring us lunch so we could go ahead and start fasting shortly after.  Thora and Diane came up from Hampstead a little after that, and Dad told me that later on President and Sister Cottrell of the Raleigh, North Carolina mission came by as well.  Even if Mom's a little too sleepy to make much conversation, I know it lifts her spirits and ours as well. 

Dad was able to get 10 full hours of much needed sleep in last night and he came on back over to the hospital around 12:15 well rested and ready to be back with his sweetheart, and Mom and I were both glad to see him.  I stayed on a little while after that, but around 2 this afternoon I came on back the apartment, so I've been getting updates from Dad this evening.  He said she made a deal with the nurses that she would take another lap around the unit if they would let her get back in the bed and off they went again.  I just talked to him a few minutes ago and he said it's ended up that she's more comfortable in the chair than the bed, so they've switched her back and she'll probably end up staying in the recliner throughout the night.

9 comments:

  1. Thank you Lindsay for the great updates. I just read it backwards. Hoo boy! Hope everyone had a good night last night. Pam, look at you walking around and sitting up! You go girl! I hope all of you feel strengthened from the fasting and prayers, and encouraged by the loving thoughts from so many of us in the Pam Brew Fan Club. Love you guys! Patti Maxwell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying a lot here Pam...I love you.!! Debbie Child

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Brew Family,
    we are so sorry that yall are going through this. We hope Pam will be feeling better soon. Your family has been an inspiration to our family. We LOVE YOU ALL. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do for any of you. once again we send our LOVE.
    Gary,Robin and the Northam Family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindsey, this is remarkable!! Good for you to take the communication duty. It is so great to keep news flowing and all able to be informed.

    I know Wednesday, as word spread, we made sure Pam was mentioned in prayer among the Single Adults of the stake at our scripture class. Tonight, I'll be meeting with the Young Single Adults in their "Break the Fast"/Fireside event, and am sure we'll be uniting in faith at that moment, as well.

    So many wonderful comments and tributes, expressions of best wishes.... not like I can add anything any more special or insightful. To my empty cup of expression the spigot of eloquence flows not. Other than to echo thoughts already conveyed. Reaffirm offers of support already pledged. Invoke blessings of comfort and patience, as the workings of this trial produce God's intended refinement.
    All best wishes,
    Tom and LeAnn Stoddard

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Brew Crew has been very much on my mind today. I love you all and send what strength I can.

    Lindsey, thank you so much for doing this blog and sharing with all of us your thoughts and experiences. It helps us to be there with you and hope you can feel us all near as we read your updates.

    Anne Tyndall

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love the Brew family and are so sorry to hear of this very scary development. Lindsay great job on the blog, such a good way to give information. Bob and Kitty Henson shared the news with us. You will all be in our prayers also. We know that you have great love and support from your ward and stake. Love, Valerie and Kyle Hawker

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pam
    Jacksonville III Ward was fasting and praying for you.
    We love you, please keep on moving. Let me know when they let you go outside in a wheel chair, I will come and take you outside for a spin.
    I just read this today "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away".
    Lupe Jones JC III Ward

    ReplyDelete
  8. My prayers are with you and I wish I could fast, but I think of all of you everyday. Love to you all! Toni Walker

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lindsey;

    Thanks so much for keeping us all updated on your Mom. Please know that we are praying so hard for all of you and especially for your Mom. Everyone at Mt. Zion is so concerned. We love you all and will continue to keep you all in our prayers and thoughts. Sister June Owen (Mt. Zion)

    ReplyDelete