Mom and Stace

Mom and Stace
The greatest wife, mother, sister, daughter, and friend alive!

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Long time, no blog

Things continue to move very slowly with Mom's progress.  When the whole family was home last weekend, plus my aunt Sherrie and Grandpa, it was pretty stressful for her.  As much as she loves her family and friends, having people around right now is something that tends to really bring on a lot of anxiety.  Her senses are a bit heightened so noises seem louder than normal and smells are just not a good thing.  When she had her follow-up at UNC last week, Dr. V changed her medications to some that are longer lasting in hopes that she would finally be rid of this never-ending nausea and help with all of the anxiety, but Mom just didn't like the way it made her feel, so she's gone back to her former meds.  She had an appointment with Dr. Alatar (her PCP) and things seem to be okay, we've just got to be patient.  Sometimes it's just no fun being patient though.  We're really hoping for some more dramatic improvement with Thanksgiving and Christmas approaching, so we appreciate all of the continued prayers in her behalf.  I know I'm not as consistent with the updates, but please know how much we appreciate all of the support we have received from so many.  I haven't forgotten you, even if I haven't posted anything new!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Changing meds is NO fun! Just know that we're all praying for you, Pam. I know our Heavenly Father knows you personally and is taking care of you every minute. Take care. Love, Donna Kokinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am coming back home today and have been checking this blog multiple times a day to hear word of my dear, dear Pam. I know everyone else thinks of her as their dear, dear Pam, but she really is mine :) Thank you Lindsey for posting!!!! Give your mom the biggest of hugs for me!
    Love,
    Julie (How-how)

    ReplyDelete